Corporate governance issues arise in many transactional contexts and typically involve officer and director conduct, including whether they acted prudently and consistent with their duties. These issues may arise in securities offerings, negotiated transactions or other contexts, and often include:
- due diligence for securities offerings, periodic filings and public statements
- regulatory compliance and proceedings
- conflicts of interest
- management oversight and internal controls
- mergers, sales, acquisitions, joint ventures, competitive bidding and other commercial relationships
- separation of legal entities, including parents and subsidiaries
We have advised and testified in many high-profile cases regarding corporate governance matters and have addressed the issues presented from a diverse range of perspectives in a variety of contexts.
For more information, contact us.